Monday, November 13, 2006

The wait continues

Last week when we went to see the doctor he seemed pretty confident that the baby was coming early. He all but said it would happen this week. Needless to say we were both anticipating some exciting news today when we went for another appointment. To our dismay he said he would more than likely be seeing us for another Monday check-up. That means unofficially no baby this week. Of course it still could happen but not with the certainty we were feeling before. The wait is killing me...I'm all flustered and can't seem to focus on anything else. Please pray for me as I try to tackle work tasks and volunteer tasks in the next little while. Also, continue to keep Nevada in your prayers as she fights the belly battle. She's tough and hasn't been affected much by this whole pregnancy but it is getting more difficult in these last days.

6 comments:

karen said...

http://www.homemakingcottage.com/mother/laborind.html This website has all kinds of ways to "naturally" induce labor. Who know if they work or not, but at least you can fell like your doing something.

LJE said...

will pray.

Anonymous said...

You guys are definitely in our thoughts. Yeah, those last few days make concentrating hard -- kind of like your life is a constant blur or something.

My particular experiences were that I always thought my babies would be late -- then when they were on time, I was surprised!

Good luck in these last couple days! Hopefully it will go by quickly. Love you!

Allison said...

Trying to induce labour is something I did and would suggest doing. However, I did pretty much everything in the book, except Castor Oil, and nothing worked for me. So just don't your hopes up, because mine sure were and I was repeatedly disappointed. I understand the hard wait!!! Hang in there (like you have a choice!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Nevada and Chester, We know that the last month of pregnancy seems like forever, but there is a reason for it -- to get you guys ready for a new life experience literally. The last month of pregnancy is where your baby gets all of the antibodies from her mommy and that they will protect her from getting sick. Try to enjoy the anticipation (kinda like Christmas eh?) We are looking forward to seeing your special little bundle. Take care and we are thinking of you. Heather and Redge

Anonymous said...

Hi Nevada. Just wondering what the 'policy' of the hospital you're delivering at is in regards to inducing labor. If I recall correctly you're going to Zhongshan, which is one of the 2 best for deliveries. I was at the other 'best' last night (Tai An) and their policy is to induce at 40 wks 2 days without exception. As this is totally unacceptable I'm looking for a different hospital to deliver at but was told Zhongshan had a similar policy. This may not pertain to you but since most first pregnancies go over 40 wks I'm just assuming it'll pertain to me. What do you know? Are there any other rules you're required to follow?

Heather

Blog Archive