Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Plan C

So Plan C is in effect, following the advice of Allison and Trina. Pick her up, put her back. Pick her up, put her back. I didn't count the number of times I did this (pregnancy has destroyed my ability to count) but it took an hour. She was so exhausted by the end, and I felt so bad; she was standing so desperately looking at me and crying, saying, "Look at my eyes! I so tired!" meaning, 'come lay down with me and put me to sleep' and as heartbreaking as that was it re-affirmed how much we needed to do this because at 2 years old she doesn't know how to go to sleep by herself.

Our whole night time used to be so sweet and tender, and now it is a struggle from the get go. Jammies are now a fight. Teeth brushing is now a fight. She won't lay down and let me read her a story. She needs a drink. She needs to potty. She needs daddy. So it was a LONG evening. I am hoping it gets better soon, and happier.

Sigh.

3 comments:

Shel said...

Just stick with it and be consistant - and give it a few days, she'll figure it out soon that this is the new norm and things will return to normal, she's just trying to figure out the new system - and trying to figure out what will work.

It'll be ok. :)

(and once it settles down, it'll pick right back up as they tend to decide to mix it up every now and again, LOL!)

Allison said...

Ditto to what Shelen said - bedtime will very soon be sweet and cuddly once again. When we went through the rough sleep time with Jared, I always made sure to pray that he would have a good sleep, that he would know he was safe and loved, etc. during his bedtime prayers. I still do pray that often, but just made extra sure to reassure him through my prayers for his sleep. I'm sure it helped it and it sure helped me!

Allison said...

Oh - and you will be SO GLAD you stuck it out once Baby comes along!

Blog Archive