Monday, February 09, 2009

Plan C continued...

So the plan is working, I guess. Still 10-20 minutes of crying and begging. "I need daddy/water/mommy/potty", but I just sit in the hallway for 10 minutes until she resigns herself to bed and let her cry it out. It usually ends with a "Mommy? I need blankie" so I tuck her in and that's it. Not helping our progress at all is the cold she has: "I got a booger!" every 3 minutes, and "I got a bad cough" every 10 minutes. She has tissue by her bed so I don't go in for that, but it is sucky for her. The other hurdle is we lost her sucky (soother). She has two, and one got lost in the daytime last week, and the other one I put in bed with her on Friday night and it was gone in the morning. She REALLY likes her sucky, especially at sleep time, so it has been hard for her.(She is not allowed to take it out of the house, and we try to put it away unless it is nap time/bed time). SO not only does she have to go to sleep without mommy, she has to do it without her second favorites comfort object. Chris and I did a thorough search of our main room, landing, our bedroom, and the office and nothing, so they have to be in her bedroom somewhere. Sigh! Poor thing. It is a good time to wean her from it I guess, which is how I approached it the first night it was gone, but after a few nights and days of her asking after it I just wish we had it for her. It would help her sleep on her own better, that's for sure.

2 comments:

Trina said...

Way to go all three of you! Keep being strong, it will become so great.
As for her soother, the unfortunate thing about her loosing it is, when you find it she will have finally adjusted to not needing it, then will see it and want it again, then you start over again later.
Good Luck, you are doing great.

i am the diva said...

well done! keep up the good work. you can do it.

Blog Archive