Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Plan C Report

Well, Plan C was is about the most awful thing I've had to do as a parent. Even worse than giving her her yucky medicine, because unlike that Plan C drags on and on and on. To be honest, smacking her hand when she disobeys does not bother me at all; it's immediate, it's necessary, it works, and then life moves on with a lesson learned. Tonight went on for about 50 minutes again, with a continuous crescendo of tears and sweat and begging. Finally, when she was so exhausted and my heart was completely broken, I got her a treat from her potty prize bag and said, 'If you lay down and go to sleep now Mommy will give this you,' and she was out in 3 seconds. Then I went and bawled my eyes out.

Of course the whole thing is my fault to begin with; I should have taught her to sleep on her own from the get go. I didn't and I paid the price. We will continue with a modified Plan C tomorrow.

5 comments:

Trina said...

Keep it up, I know it is a terrible feeling as a parent, but it will get easier and the end result will be worth it.
Be Strong, we have all gone through it and completely empathise with you.
Once she realizes that this is the routine, and this is how it is, it will get easier, she will accept the routine and then bed will be a breeze again.

i am the diva said...

wow Nevada, hang in there. you're a great mommy. This will pass.

laura
Chewie's Mom

FourLeafClover said...

Ah - sleep training... "the long haul"... :)

Allison said...

Just don't modify your plan too much - consistency is the key! I've heard that it usually take 3-7 days to make a change like the one you are dealing with, so keep it up! You can do it!

Shel said...

DON'T give in now at all -- or you'll be back at step one. :(

I know it sucks hun. :( 50 min. isn't that bad - I've heard of it going a lot longer than that - it'll continue to get shorter and shorter.

Blog Archive