Monday, January 15, 2007

First Bottle


Here is Gemma's first bottle, and let me tell you what pain in the butt pumping is. Well, so far at least. Now I need to spend 15 minutes feeding her, THEN assemble the pump and spend 15 minutes pumping. Then the pump has to be washed and sterilized, bottle dealt with, etc. Pumping success varies each time. The first two times I got two ounces, then I had a super pump and got 5 ounces in less then ten minutes but then this morning only got 3 ounces. I hope it gets easier, and as I replace feeding times with pumping maybe I'll have more to give up to the pump. And what is the deal with sterilizing? We have the fancy bottle sterilizer, but I sterilize the pump and then have to touch it all to get it together. And the bottles and everything are sterilized but then they sit on the counter; is that ok? Hopefully this gets easier; three more days and then back to work!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I was intially confused because the picture was of Chris , Gemma and the bottle. I thought maybe Chris was complaining about how hard pumping was, and thought maybe he should give up.no matter how hard he pumped his breast he wouldn't fill a bottle.

Allison said...

I never sterilized my pump...I just washed it with soap and let it air-dry. Not sure if that was "bad", but that's what my instructions told me to do. And the few times that Jared took a bottle, I did the same thing... Maybe if he was bottle-fed more regularly I would have sterilized? But I understand the hassle!!

Blog Archive