Monday, September 25, 2006

31 weeks

The nurses noticed the absence of my husband right away. They are all very entertained by his tattoos, his ability to speak Chinese, and they still talk about the red mohawk he sported to our first apointment back. I am very boring compared to him! But we made do. Dr. Lee was much less rushed today, he had lots of time for questions and was very reassuring. When I ran out of questions he said not to worry, we'll go through everything when the time gets closer.

Our baby is measuring right on this week, meeting the 31 week average in all categories. (well average for Chinese babies...Did you know that the averages are different for Western babies?) Today we saw the heart and femur and sucking thumb (of course!) The photo is a nice face shot, we'll try to scan it and get it in. She is still in the right position and all looks good. I'm up to 69.5 kg (up 10.5 from when we started). Blood pressure normal. Oh, and the sugar test came back normal, too.

In the symptom department I am doing pretty good, I think. Yeast infection gone for now... (fingers crossed). No backache but I had my first leg cramp in bed. Yikes! I even woke Chester up. Only the one of those so far. My gums have been a little bleedy lately, something the book said may happen. Nothing major, just pink toothbrush sometimes and tinges of pink when I munch down on a nice, crunchy green apple. The baby is moving a lot more now, a little bit at school and more in the evenings. The movements are so much stronger now, she is really pushing lots and testing the limits of her aquatic world. Like the mime trying to get out of the box. I can feel little body parts, although I have no idea what they are. When I move my hand around my belly I can feel soft...soft...soft...hard. But then she pulls back and it disapears. Whatever it may be. I think I felt her head today, it was a pretty big spot and down low where the head should be about, maybe she was stretching her neck. I'm having a hard time figuring out the angles and stuff. I mean, I look at the diagrams in the book and I know what she is supposed to look like in there, but I don't quite get it yet.

9 more weeks!

1 comment:

Trina said...

Nevada and Chester,
You are doing wonderfully together for each other. Chester, from what has been posted, you are doing great, being supportive, and knowing when you have done wrong and being able to admit it. Nevada, you are looking great, and it is truely amazing the changes that you feel.
Nevada, as for the leg cramp, I got them a lot for a while, and I increased how much water I drank, and tried to sit with my legs up, and they subsided a bit (I no longer woke James up when they cramped).
Love you both, and can't wait for the newest McKenzie to come into this world to love too.
Trian