Monday, September 18, 2006

30 weeks

Here are some 30 week pictures...(now that I am really 30 weeks ;) The baby is growing lots today, I can feel my skin stretching. She's been kicking a lot lately. Last week was especially violent, it was almost scary she was moving so much.

I came down with a cold this weekend, the usual Nevada Special complete with swollen glands, runny nose, and dry cough. I've been able to sleep lots and today was a half day of school and I am starting to feel better already so hopefully it doesn't last much longer. I didn't go to the doctor because I don't usually go to the doctor for this, and I didn't know if I should go to my obstetrician or just a regular doctor. (Answers anyone?) I didn't think I had a fever, and there is a tendancy in Taiwanese doctors to overmedicate like crazy. How the health insurance works is you don't pay for prescriptions, but they only give you 3 days worth at a time. So then to get a real dose of penicillian you need to go back three time or else just take the three days worth and hope the super virus you've created doesn't survive. The other medication thing is that with the peniciliian you usually get three or four other pills; one for the upset stomach the other pills cause, one for this and one for that...I don't know if they would do that to a pregnant lady but I figured I would recover on my own in a few days drug free, which it appears I am. Being pregnant is so much worrying!!!

10 more weeks. Someone pointed out today that it means 10 more weekends of sleeping in... That gives me some incentive to not rush things but enjoy each stage!

3 comments:

LJE said...

still looking great....and i love the shirt!

it's amazing how quickly time goes....10 weeks is not very long at all!

Hope it goes well, that the discomfort i've heard comes at the end is minimal for you...

Kat said...

Still looking hot!
10 weeks...wow!!

Anonymous said...

You look great Nevada! I love the outfit.

I like the persepctive of 10 week-ends to sleep in.

I think you did the right thing by taking care of your cold yourself. Unless it turns into an infection or you're dehydrated or something, you don't need to see the doctor.