Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sicko

So the sicko has coughed on everybody and I think her cold is going to make its rounds through our family. Guinness its hard to tell, but he is snorting and coughing a bit too, so hopefully he can fight it off.

We made banana muffins tonight and she had to stick her finger in every ingredient to try it. Flour, baking soda, whatever. (to the best of my knowledge she didn't try any raw egg, but she did poke it). Then when we were sampling the muffins after, she kept digging the chocolate chips out. I told her, No Gemma, you can't do that, and she said very solemly, "I HAVE to mommy! I HAVE to." I replied, no you don't, and she grabbed my face with her hands and looked deep into my eyes; "I HAVE to, mommy!"

In other Gemma communication: the first time she saw me nurse she called it a bottle. So instead of correcting her, we've just been going along with it: "Yes, Gemma; those are mommy's bottles for Guinness." So today her dragon was the mommy to her baby, and she wanted the dragon mommy to give the baby a bottle. Have you ever seen a dolly breastfeed from a dragon? So cute.

No comments:

Blog Archive