Thursday, April 09, 2009

Need new books

OK, so I did all the reading for the 0-2 stuff but now that she is 2 and a bit, I am so at a loss at what to do sometimes!! Specifically this week is naps. All of a sudden she won't nap. She will lay in the bed for an hour before falling asleep, and I just get more and more annoyed and tired myself (if I don't fall asleep!) And then nap time doesn't end until way late; it takes the whole afternoon because it doesn't actually start until late. So what do I do? Let her miss it? Except then she is a wreck by supper time. Let her sit in bed for an hour and then get up? It is so weird. Seriously though, any good parenting titles would be appreciated.

Also, she has been a terrible sleeper the last week; up so many times crying and carrying on... Last night was the first night she slept through since Guinness was born. Uggg! And she was up till 11pm before finally conking out.

Anyway, I can feel my blood pressure rising just thinking about it, so lets change to cute things Gemma said this week:

Last night, as she was sitting on my lap WAY past her bedtime after coming out of bed, and Adrienne and Chris and I were getting ready to play a game. I said, "OK, who wants to play a game?" And she chimes in instantly "ME!!". Ha ha, yah right!

Reading her book to her baby this morning every page begins with Once upon a time.... Every time she turned the page she would start again, Once upon a time...

Chris was putting her to sleep and sitting with her for a minute and Baba and I were visiting in the living room, and Gemma told Chris, "Baba is too noisy!": So Chris called Baba in and Gemma told her, "Baba, you are too noisy! You need to speak more gentle!" So Baba came back out and we kept visiting, more quietly but only for a minute and then our volume got up again and Gemma told Chris again, "Now Baba is LOUDER!" So sassy; what am I going to do?


It's been a hard week; she's sick again and whiny like crazy and we can't really go out cause its cold and windy, and our playmates our sick too so we're a little bit cabin fever here.

2 comments:

Shel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
judyhickey24@hotmail.com said...

When they are at the age where they're dropping their afternoon nap it is difficult for a while. If you make or let them nap then they don't sleep well at night. A 'quiet time' is better, but it is difficult at supper time when they tire out.All my kids went through that stage. It's hard to let the idea of having a break in the afternoon go.

Blog Archive