Monday, April 27, 2009

potty training persistence

So the potty training continues. I didn't know it would take this long.

She does a great job as long as I am on my game. If I tell her every hour to go on the potty, she does. She will even hold it when we are out, but if I forget to put her on the potty when we get there, then she has an accident. So is she really being trained? She does announce, "I'm peeing!" and "I'm pooping". But by then it is too late. She especially can't poop on the potty. When we catch her in the act and then say, wait, go sit on the potty and do it, she loses her focus or whatever and can't go. So I don't like to interrupt her too many times lest she get bunged up. So anyway...

Do we keep going, hoping she eventually catches on? Or just give up for now, try again in a few weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The thing about potty training, is as much as you are training her, you are training yourselves. I would keep going. It is really tough when you have a baby, and are extra busy, but it is so worth it when it is over. With both my boys I let them runaround the house with nothing on, then it was much more visibal when it was happening and I found with them that they were more aware of what was goin on. They were only naked for one week, then the next week they only wore underwear and tshirts, then they were ready for clothes. Also with peeing, I put a few juice crystals in teh bottom of the dry potty, so they had to try to make it red, or orange, or green. It made it more fun for them. I also did small rewards, jelly beans for pees, and bigger ones, starbursts for poops. With both my boys it only took 2 weeks to have then fully trained. Harrison was 2 1/2 and Matthew was 1 1/2.
You will win the potty battle, and it will be a great feeling for both you and her!
Trina

Blog Archive