Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fountain



We went to 101 today, me and the kids and Uncle Nate. Right outside the place is a huge fountain, one of those ones that just shoots out f the ground, no walls or catch pool, just jets of water squirting way up in the air in a variety of patterns. Well Gemma ran ahead of us to go see it, and we were wrapped up in picture taking. She was watching the water, getting closer than she should and just as we were walking to go get her, SPLOOSH! All the jets fired up and she got her one side totally soaked. Not to mention scared the pants off of her. What a way to start our trip. (I didn't have extra clothes. I packed extra for Guinness but not Gem.)

p.s. This is just a picture of it I found online so you see what I mean, and how easy it would be to get trapped in a sudden spray! Poor girl.

THEN, on the way home, she was talking to her reflection in the elevator door, and put her hands on it just as it opened...and got her little fingers sucked right into the crack. It was terrifying; Nate was trying to pull them out and get the door open and I was tryingto figure out what I should do. Grab her, push a button, which button? So pushed the door open button, duh wrong choice, her little hand was getting pulled IN, and Nate shouted DOOR CLOSE and when I did that the door came closed and released her hand. She was super freaked out; just clung to me and didn't talk for about 20 minutes. But they weren't bleeding and she could move all her fingers so I guess she is ok. It was so scary though, don't know what I would have done had I been alone.

3 comments:

i am the diva said...

terrifying!!
she'll probably always have a lingering phobia of elevator doors...

Nevada said...

ha! I hope so!

Grandpa Steve said...

Whew, I'm glad she's ok. Her level of curiousity killed the cat!

Blog Archive