Saturday, January 17, 2009

In Summary



Can't recap everything, but the picture is a good summary of the fun times we've been having. Gemma has been loads of fun; you know the Aerosmith song from Armageddon?

"I don't want to close my eyes, I don't want to fall asleep 'cause I'd miss you baby, and I don't want to miss a thing."

except I am so tired I usually fall asleep before her anyway. But you know what I mean:)

Gemma has been performing monologues from Sleeping Beauty and the Rescuers, playing 'animals', showed she can walk like a penguin, horse, and lion, invited the baby to watch wizard of oz with her, (how? By lifting my shirt up and then wrapping her arms around my belly as we sat on the couch), peed on the potty twice, danced to the Sleeping Beauty theme DOZENS of times, made cinnamon buns and biscuits, and came up entirely on her own a solution to the mommy has to go back to school problem we encounter every day after lunch: she will come and teach the kids, too! She's played nicely with two sort of new babysitters, was amazingly good for the doctor (who sucked her boogers out by shoving this little hose attached to a machine further up her nostrils than I thought was humanly possible,) and has even spent time reading by herself in her room. I love hearing her read (recite) parts of her favorite stories (Sandra Boyton board books; we have the Belly Button Book (thanks Allie) Hey!Wake Up! and the Barnyard Dance.)

It hasn't been a very exciting month, which is why there haven't been many updates/pictures. We haven't done anything :) But anyway, will try to write more.

One funny story; I was putting her down in our bed with Chris for her afternoon nap after lunch, and she was hugging me and massaging my face and shoulders and I said, "I'm lucky". She replied, "I'm Gemma." ha ha. (OK, I know every parent out there has a similar story but anyway, of course she is our angel and the sun rises and sets on her and her cuteness)

2 comments:

Andy Wu said...

She is so cute.
I would be jealous if we didn't have Elias.

Anonymous said...

I am so in love with this little person.
What a good Mommy she has!
BABA