Tuesday, August 14, 2007

No!

What a hard lesson to teach: No. Everytime we say it she looks up and grins, like its a game. I feel like to her, trying to figure out what is 'no' and what isn't is like those goofy party games, you know where you tell your name and what you're bringing to the it person and they tell you if you can or can't. (Does anyone know what I'm talking about??? The it person makes up some sort of rule before the game starts, for example, you must bring something that starts with the second letter of your name, so I could say 'My name is Nevada and I'm bringing bagels, and the it person would say I couldn't come, but if I said My name is Nevada and I am bringing eggs' I would be allowed... anyway, I digress) I guess the difference is we are more consistent; our rules don't change too often, but I feel like to her it is a very complicated system. What are some things on your NO list? We have (so far) remote controls and keys and most recently paper.

What is it with eating paper???? I am constantly squeezing her little cheeks to get paper out. I even found a sticker in there two days ago. I hate taking it away from her because she loves ot crumple it and tear it and shake it around, but as soon as you turn away, into the mouth it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nevada

I hope your flights home went well:) we miss you guys already.
Nate and I went camping last weekend and we played that game that you were decribing in your blog. lol

Sandra

Allison said...

I have a feeling that keys will soon become something she can have...they are an EXCELLENT distraction.
My current most popular "no's" are: putting things into the toilet, climbing onto the table or the entertainment unit or the drawers or...etc, BITING!!!!, throwing everything down the stairs, to name a few.

Blog Archive