Saturday, August 11, 2007

back at it!

Back in sunny green Taiwan! My committment this year is to blog more, so hold me to it.

Gemma was a great traveler, which was a huge relief for us. The worst flights are those little ones from askatoon to Calgary and then Calgary to Vancouver; the planes are so teeny there is no room for anything. She didn't fuss at all, slept most of the time. The few hours she was up we walked around the plane, met some other kids, and flirted with the stewardesses. We (mommy and Gemma) are both strugglig with jet lag this weekend, which sucks. You are so tired you can hardly function, but can't sleep. Yesterday we were up at 3am and had a big nap from 11-3, then today we were up from 4-5:30 then back to bed till 7:30. So not too bad. She actually just dozed off now so we'll see if I can convince my own body to rest.

She is getting TONNES of attention. We went swimming in the river yesterday and quite a crowd watching us. In the evening we went to a restaurant for dinner for Chris' birthday and the waitress tickled her eveyrtime she walked by. I think there are pictures of this and I will ty to post them soon.

Tomorrow is the first day back, so we are going to be working on our routine. These are the habits we need to break:
1) nursing her to sleep
2) crying when mommy leaves
3) sleeping the whole night in her own bed

We'll let you know how the first day goes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am missing my little sunshine.
I don't want to miss the little milestones of growth she has in her life.
Please keep me updated by using the Blog to tell those who are also interested in Gemma's development and your adventures of parenting. If not, I will be on a plane pretty fast with enough stuff to stay a looooong time.
BABA

Anonymous said...

Well, if you figure out how to break those habits, let me know and I'll give you a million dollars. Seriously. I need to know.

Blog Archive