Wednesday, October 18, 2006

34 weeks...

34 week checkup on Monday. The doctor was hilarious, he was telling us a story about his vacation to Georgia last week and he thought it was so funny, and Chris and were like, yah its sort of funny but not really...Chris will put the video up soon. (He's been subbing all week at school, plus church, etc, so no time)

So all is well with Baby. She is getting more and more real every day, not that she wasn't real before, but as we feel little feet poking out, see her face on the ultrasound and little mouth sucking away already. Our little baby!! The doctor said 'This is not a big baby. But that's OK." He said he likes delivering small babies: "If it's easy for the mother it is easier for me!" Good logic :) She isn't really small, just a little skinny still. She weighs 2kg (4.4 pounds). She doesn't feel little to me. 6 weeks left and the uncomfortable stage is beginning. Rolling over in bed is harder, getting up out of chairs is harder, the stairs are harder, I keep bumping into everything, and my feet are so sore in the mornings. Like I've been walking all day in my sleep. But otherwise I am good.

Pictures to come soon, there are some nice ones of me in a bathing suit from Penghu...And handsome Daddy as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We like skinny.
But later we will feed her perogies to put some meat on her.
Haha
B-BABA

Anonymous said...

Hey Nevada,

That is good the baby will be smallish -- should be an easier time.

But, when you're in labour, and if (when) it starts to hurt, don't think "I must be a wimp because this isn't supposed to hurt because the baby is small". Because it still could hurt and you're not a wimp!

And, I want to tell you an interesting story. There is this lady from my work. She said her first baby (girl) was the smallest (6 pounds). She said "that little baby ripped me stem to stern!". But then her third baby was massive, and she didn't rip at all. In fact, she went mother/daughter horseback riding the same week he was born! Crazy, I know.

So, anyways, I tell you this story not to scare you, but the point is, relax, relax, relax during labour, and regardless of baby size, hopefully all will go smoothly!