Thursday, August 27, 2009

REALLY glad she was speaking English...

Preface: the first time Gemma saw me nurse Guinness she called them 'bottles'. And in the moment I just said, 'Uh yah. Those are mommy's bottles." Now I can begin the story.

We were waiting in line at the bathroom yesterday at the MRT. I was holding Gemma, and she pointed at the lady behind us who was wearing a pretty tank top with a lacy ruffle around the neck. "She bottles are so pretty-ful." OK, the English is bad too, by 'she' she meant her, by 'pretty-ful' she meant beautiful. It was funny.

3 comments:

Audrey said...

oh my... :) Gemma cracks me up. At least if that lady understood English, she probably wouldn't understand "bottles". haha.

karen said...

That is really funny!

Heather Hammond said...

That is what Lili is calling mine already and she doesn't even get to see them yet! I have yet to correct her as what shall I tell her to call them?

Blog Archive