Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Truly Taiwanese

We were at the Greenstore today and Gemma grabs her crotch and exclaims, "I have to go PEE!!" I leap into action. Out of the store we run, and (will anyone believe me) and turn to the side of a quiet lane and take care of it. By me holding her over a gutter. Yes, my little girl pees on the street.

On the way home she said she had to go again, so I asked the clerk in my newly learned Chinese pharse Ce suo dzi na-li? (Sorry if my pinyon is a bit off, but it means where is the toilet?) and he said No! So we rushed out into the street to a place with a potty and crisis averted.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

....that's not Taiwanese at all

Nevada said...

ok, maybe its not Taiwanese but I have never seen it anywhere else. It should be noted also that I have never potty trained anyone before either; maybe potty training mothers everywhere do this :)

Audrey said...

hmmm, i wouldn't advertise that as taiwanese either. well at least not anymore. :P taipei is a pretty clean city now...
good for gemma though, listening to her body! ha.

Paula Perry said...

when a kid has got to go they have to go. thats what i say! you can't let them pee in there pants, a gutter is better then the shop floor right? and there's no grassy places in the city..close by that is.

Jessica said...

Well if you're over a drain, it's all going to the same place anyways!

Blog Archive