Thursday, September 03, 2009

My body says...

Our new babysitter is very sweet and always brings Gemma a treat; microwave popcorn or goldfish crackers or whatever. So last night she brought over one of those lunch sized bags of fritos. Well Gemma talked about them all night; I want my chips. Even I have my standards and said, no, not before bed, we'll eat them tomorrow. First thing in the morning she is after Chris,"I want my chips." And Chris says, no. And she says,

"My body says, 'I want some chips! I want some chips!'" And she lifts up her shirt and wiggles her body, like its really her body 'talking' to us.

She tried it again with me tonight. So funny!

We started the whole listen to your body thing early in potty training. I told her that her body would tell her when she has to pee, she just needs to listen. So she often says, "My body says, 'I have to pee!'"

She loves pretending lately. She loves to talk to her toothbrush, her toys, Mr. Finger (mommy's walking fingers). "Make it talk, mommy." Or this one, talking about why she doesn't poop in the potty, and she says, "My poopy says, 'I don't want to come out.'" Oh great.

No comments: