Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Two Rude Things

In the words of 90's icon Michelle Tanner, 'How RUDE!'

1) Chester, Ashton, and Brennen had Gemma at Costco last week in the stroller. As Chester was looking at something and Ashton was pushing the stroller one of the demo ladies UNCLIPPED the straps and LIFTED GEMMA OUT of the stroller!!! Could you imagine if a complete stranger unhooked your baby ans picked her up??? Ashton was shocked and didn't know what to do, Chris was furious...It was so unreal.

2) I was with Gemma at Starbucks today picking up a coffee for Chris. So as I was trying to open the big door and finagle the stroller out, coffee in one hand, stroller in one hand, a lady came towards the entrance. 'Pheww', I thought, 'She's going to help me with the door'. Nope. The door is proped open with my body, and this lady sneaks around me and in through the open door. She didn't even grab it from the inside to let me finish getting out.

Things like that infuriate me!

On the plus side, I do have two positive events to add.

1) The canopy clip on the stroller was broken, and we were just dreading the potential trip it meant back to where they bought the stroller; WAYYYY across the city. Fortunately, when Chester asked at our local baby store they phoned the Combi dealer and then said 'No problem'. For 4 dollars it will be fixed in a week.

2) I sat on my glasses on Friday (note to self; the bed is not a safe place for glasses!) so I walked to a nearby glasses shop and the guy fixed it for me for free, right there. I LOVE good service, and Taiwan has excellent service.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, someone tried to take our baby and it was a Costco "Dingo"

Allison said...

That first event is so unreal, that it's completely shocking. I don't know if I'd know what to do, because I'd be completely floored to the audacity of that person! And as for the second event, I've had stuff like that happen, too! It really is one of the rudest things. I've actually noticed that guys are WAY more helpful than ladies, which is very odd to me. Wheelchair accesible doors (with the botton to open them) have become my best friend. Those buttons really should have a picture of a wheelchair AND a stroller!!