Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Welcome to the Third Trimester!

According to www.pregnancyguideonline.com and The Unofficial Guide to Having a Baby...

'The baby weighs about 2 pounds and is about 15 inches long. Eyebrows and eyelashes are now present, and the hair on the head is growing. The eyelids open, and the eyes are completely formed. The body is getting plumper and rounder and is composed of around 2 to 3% body fat. Muscle tone is gradually improving. The lungs are capable of breathing air but if the baby is born now, it would struggle to properly breathe. Be sure to talk to your baby a lot because s/he can recognize your voice now!'

Well, she sure likes her Daddy, I can tell you that. Every night when Chris comes to bed he talks to the baby and pats her (while I'm sleeping) and he usually gets a response. She is kicking and punching a lot now; last week it was bladder massage week and this week it is stomach massage week. She's almost making me nauseous I'm being kicked so much! I am still feeling 100%, but I am growing growing growing and can tell that the VERY large stage is coming soon. So I am trying to stay as active as I can while I can.

Her room just needs a bit of touching up then we can take and post pictures. It looks awesome!

2 comments:

Chris said...

WOW! You're having a girl!!! Awww. That's so exciting!

LJE said...

what is your due date again? i seem to have forgotten