Thursday, August 03, 2006

24 weeks...

According to webmd.com

"the baby is about 8.4 inches from crown to rump and weighs about 1.2 pounds. It is starting to produce white blood cells, mostly for combating disease and infection, and may respond to your touch or sounds. If you haven't felt hiccups yet, you might feel some jerking motion now."

Hmmm...I feel the jerking motions, and sometimes he kicks for daddy when he talks to him/her or pushes on my hand when I'm trying to get a feel. It is so hard to beleive there is an 8 inch baby in there because I don't feel that big; where is he keeping himself tucked in there? It is getting harder to bend over, like when I am sitting on the floor I can't get myself as far forward as I could before. The same is with biking; leaning forward to reach the handle bars and bringing my knees up to my gut is getting a little squishy. So biking may have to be put aside quicker than I would of liked, but oh well. I can't very well keep squishing my new baby!

So reader question of the week: What music should our baby be listening to while in utero? Any favorites or recommendations?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely country music so he can dance with Baba at weddings and through the lyrics he will learn what life is about.
Besides I know how much Mommy enjoys country ;)
B-BABA

Allison said...

I played Hillsong instrumental at the bottom of my belly when Jared was breech, to encourage him to turn. I'm not sure if that's what did it, but he turned!!!

Anonymous said...

"we built this city" (our version) so it will come out playing Settlers. :)

Reagan said...

Songs like "Be Yourself" by Audioslave or "Minority" by Green Day. They will encourage him or her to be themselves and stand apart from the crowd. And then they'll come out and rock this world!!!! But then again, there's always the classics like Mozart or Bethoven :).