Wednesday, January 09, 2008

New Favorites

Gemma's new favorite things to do:
1) Read a magazine. I got a Parents magazine for Christmas and she will sit with it and read it and flip the pages and turn it over for 30-40 minutes.
2) Pick up stuff. She'll pick up the blocks and put them in a pail Then take them out. Then pick them up. Then out. Same with her toy box, laundry hamper, garbage can. She also likes picking stuff up, carrying it to a new place in the house, and dropping it.
3) Squeezing through small spaces. For some reason she will try and sneak around in beween things she knows she can't fit. She pushes and squeezes and tries to force her way through. We don't have a lot of these sort of nooks, but for example between the chair and the coffee table.

I had a moment last week where I was like, "Who is this little girl?" She's grown and changed so much in the last three weeks its like a transformation; from baby to toddler. Her whole style of communicating, her movements, her facial expressions, her games. Its so amazing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first two sound alot like her BABA.
Go, my little girl, go.

Allison said...

Just wait until you have your next baby! They grow up over night, literally!! I was in tears the night we went into the hospital. I creeped into Jared's room to say good-bye and give him a kiss, and I was so emotional that everything was about to change. No doubt, it is a great change, but Jared was no longer going to be my baby. I'm tearing up right now...

Blog Archive