Monday, December 04, 2006

The poo diaries

We have survived week one. Survived isn't the right word really, the week has been such a joy and we are completely in love with this little jelly bean. She is soo cute and adorable and we both just want to stare at her and hold her all day long. (and night too!) Really, I hate when evening comes because it means another day has passed.

Recovery is going alright; the physical is definetely on the mend but the emotional is tailspinning out of control. I'm in tears for a million stupid reasons and I'm sure putting my husband at his wits end but I hope that I get evened out here pretty soon.

As we learned from the greatest blogger of all time, Shelen, no baby blog is complete without some good poo stories. So last night, Sunday, we were getting ready for our first outing to church. Our friends had come to visit and were going to drive us so that was sweet. It was close to go time so we took her to change her into her 'church' clothes we picked out for her debut. Well, as soon as I got her diaper off and away she rocket shot a nice stream of mustard baby poo across the table all over the change mat. Of course I yelped and everyone came in to check out the show. No sooner than I got that cleaned up and her cleaned up, and she did it again!! And mommy the fool of course didn't learn her lesson the first time and still had nothing under her, and she got it all over the table again. And on her new hat, which was an integral part of the outfit. So Daddy cleaned the hat and mommy got her cleaned up again. And then we were ready for church.

Our little girl is a very good pooer, and we have figured out not to change her immediately after the first poo because she usually poos in twos. Well, she did her intial poo, and so I waited about 10 minutes for number two, but it didn't come. So I went and changed her, and as soon as I put the clean diaper under her (remembering yesterday's lesson) she pooed. So I got another clean diaper, put it under her and.....Again! Another squitry poo. So I get ANOTHER diaper, and sure enough as soon as it is under her she lets her go. 3 diapers in 3 minutes!!! Good thing she is so darn cute!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just like her Daddy!! cute and a good pooper

Anonymous said...

LOL! Go Gemma Go!

She'll have you trained in no time!

~Shelen

Anonymous said...

Aaahhh, I remember those days! There was one time that Jared did that to me, in the middle of the night, and I seriously was screaming for Ryan to come help (after a few minutes of nicely trying to wake him) and he STILL never woke up to help! So I had to tackle the whole thing alone, trying to clean Jared up while he was laying in a pool of liquid poo. That took awhile. Thankfully, as soon as he started eating solids, his poop turned solid, too! WAY easier! And I guess eating solid foods doesn't guarantee solid poop, so we are lucky.
- Allison (signing in as myself if more confusing now, with the google thing!)

Anonymous said...

Oh, congrats. she is such a cutie!!! hahahh those poo stories are so funny!! can't wait to one day experience that for myself...haha... oh, hope you two...wait, THREE are doing well!!! Can't wait to meet Gemma in person! Christina from chiayi

Shane Sowden said...

"Poo's in Two's!" You should market that one!

Kat said...

Oh, the days of mustard poos. Man.

I remember Nate had one of those neverending ones when we were staying in Taroko Gorge with Kristin's parents...and Kristin actually said "Why would he do that?" in his Kristin tone. (as he was switching clean diaper to clean diaper trying to catch it all!!) That's become a long standing joke.

Enjoy the poos...and your beautiful baby girl. By the way, I LOVE the name. I'll have to cross Gemma off my list of girl names now that it's already taken! ;o)

Blog Archive