Saturday, April 16, 2011

Drop off

I dropped Gemma off at school on Friday. Break your heart! She acts tough, fights back the tears and says, "I'll miss you so much mommy" and with her chin up marches in. What on earth am I doing to her with this full day torture???? She of course has a lovely time and is happy when I pick her up, but Chris says that mornings are still tough. I'm happy I'm the 'pick up' person usually and not the 'drop off' person. (Sorry, honey :)

Anyone have good reading about teaching your kids foriegn languages? I'm not sure that simply 'immersing' her is working. Need to make some sort of plan, as well as decide how to maintain/develop her English skills as well... So much to think about and 'try'; I so wish I didn't have to experiment on my child; what if I make a terrible mistake and damage her for life?

I'm sorry first born dear, I love you and tried my best!!!

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Poor, poor first borns. They bear the brunt of it all, don't they? I often pray that I will damage Ellie a little as possible with my sinfulness.

I don't know about Chinese. Ellie knows much less that Gemma. We are going to try the shock and awe approach next fall if she is able to start at GuTing.

Jia yo!