Thursday, September 16, 2010

Reality?

"Mommy, what would happen if a monster came in my room?"

"Well, Gemma, then I would think you were on a TV show or a movie because monsters aren't real."

"No, but Mommy, what if?"

"Hmm, well, I guess I would hope you had some of your super spy gadgets to help you."

"I don't. What would I do?" (her look is totally serious still)

"I think you should try and trick him. Like tell him 'Hey monster look over there,' and then run away."

(a moment of silence as she processes this... then she laughs.) "Yah!! Good idea."

So we start on a trail of 'good ideas'.

Mommy: "Or you could hide, Gemma."

Gemma: "Yah. Or I could turn invisible."

Mommy: "Um, yah, I guess. Or you could poke him in the eyes."

Gemma: "Or I could poke him with a porcupine. In the tummy! Or poke him in the tummy with a long sword"

Because even though 'gadgets' aren't real or possible, she may have a sword or a porcupine ready. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats adorable!!

Roggy
roggyrugrat.blogspot.com