Thursday, May 27, 2010

Time to reflect

Gemma often wakes up in the morning with her reflections or commentary on the events the day before. Must just take her some time to process. On Wednesday I was home with the kids, so she unloaded on me her thoughts about Tuesday's music class:

"Mommy, that girl ______ was so mean, she kept trying to hit me with her jingle bell!!" (You'll have to imagine the indignation in her tone and on her face). "And so and so hit me on my brain with his Easter egg!!!" (meaning the egg shaker). But he hit her 'brain'; maybe to much time spent with Auntie Adrienne the science teacher's human body models.

Other funny quotes:

After be chastised for squeezing Guinness around the neck for the upteenth time today, she stomped off but turned back to retort; "Hmmph! But I just love him." stomp stomp stomp...

G: Can I rent a movie today?
M: No, Gemma
G: But mommy, don't say no. You think about it!!


(last night at my birthday dinner, singing...) There's a banana on my head, on my head! There's a banana on my head on my head! Hey, look at me guys!! Everyone, look at me!! There's a banana on my head, on my head..."

1 comment:

Brenda BE said...

She is just a bit like her Daddy. I can just hear these words coming out of his mouth at her age. The same dramatics...keep laughing or it will drive you crazy.