Monday, April 12, 2010

Trickery

Gemma is refusing to take her medicine. *(Is this my punishment for staying up late to read the My Sister's Keeper???)

I told her to take it quickly and get it over with.

I told her she would be sick forever.

I told her we would never play with her friends because you can't play with friends when you are sick and she will be sick until she takes her medicine.

I told her fine, you don't have to drink your medicine but you have to have this glass of cherry juice. (with medicine in it; ha ha!!)

So how far should the trickery go? What is the most outlandish trick/lie you've ever told to your children?

1 comment:

Kristie Truell said...

I started giving Ellie candy after she takes hers. We started with Hershey Kisses then weaned down to gumdrop vitamins. Bribery, not trickery, but probably just as bad. Now she asks to be able to take medicine. Hmmm...