Thursday, April 22, 2010

Juicy

Maybe she's watching too many princess movies, but when we got married today I got a VERY long and juicy kiss. Sorry, Gemma, no romantic kisses until you are much much older.

She knows some numbers. 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10. She doesn't know 6, 9, 8, and 2. I didn't realize she knew them. we have a preschool readiness workbook so we've been doing school a bit. She doesn't want to work in order, which of course kills me but I want her to have fun and learn so I go with it. She loves cutting out the little matching cards and when we play games with them.

OH, and she has started to earn her own money. I give her about 5 minutes to pick up as many toys as she can from around the living room and put them on a spread out blanket. Then we count them, and for every two she gets 1 NT (1NT = 3cents). She is earning roughly 10NT a day; about 30 cents, which I think is high but I want her to be excited about it and I wasn't sure how many toys she's be able to pick up and how much she'd be earning in a day. I think after the summer we will change the ratio from 2:1 to 3:1; 3 toys for 1NT.

What do you pay your children and how?

2 comments:

Andy Wu said...

What do you mean "no romantic kisses until [she is] much much older"? I remember seeing one in Bali!

Kat said...

hahahaha...oh man, I just LOLed hard core at that first paragraph.

Great idea with the toys/money. Nate just randomly gets 10 NT when he has a good day, or when he does some designated cleaning. I like your idea better.

Can't believe I'm this behind on your blog! What in the world have I been doing?