Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mommy, let's tell stories!

We tell stories a lot. They usually begin with Once upon a time, and have babies in them or witches. Or both :)

My favorite are stories that begin, "When I was a little girl" or "When I was younger..." She really acts so old and grown up and like her youth was so long ago!!!

Something funny that I am remembering this week is how super alert she is when she first wakes up. She opens her eyes wide and calls. I go to her room (stumble to her room) and say, What Gemma? And her first sentence is a completely clear and coherent thought. "Mommy, we need to get up and get dressed because today Annabelle is coming to take me out and we have to be ready on time!" Sometimes I can convince her to come lay down with me in our bed and she'll drift off again. But other times we just begin our day and ride that energy wave.

No comments: