Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Longshan Temple




A few pics of us at Longshan temple with the Hickeys and Chris. (Look at their blogs for more artsy ones; these are just Gemma specific) She is super into animals lately; her head is stuck through the bars looking at the fish. It was a busy day at the temple and she smelled like incense when we got home.

She isn't sick yet. Cross your fingers!

Oh, and we missed our dr. appointment again. We were already to go and then I realized I didn't have her health insurance card (like Sk Health Card - you need it to get anything done). So I searched high and low, but I knew I had it yesterday at that dr.s so I thought well, we'll trek out there and see if its there, but when I got to the MRT I remembered to check the clinics hours and sure enough, it was closed. So we went to the park instead. I know that more and more people are choosing against vaccinations now; maybe this is a sign. Yay for Andy, he called the drs office and yes they have it so tomorrow I will go pick it up and then next wed. Chris can take Gemma for the shot. Fourth times a charm.

3 comments:

Allison said...

I know everyone needs to make up there own minds about vaccinations, but FYI for all out there, I did hear that they (whoever "they" is) have now officially disproved that vaccinations are linked to autism...I am a full believer in vaccinations, so I am biased on this subject! I just see that many diseases have not affected our generation b/c of vaccines, and some are almost unheard of anymore - maybe even fully gone, like maybe small pox??
By the way, do you have a date of arrival home?

Trina said...

I completely agree with Allison. Also, children need to have a booster between age 4-6 for kindergarten, so I am not sure what happens when they have not had any other vaccinations. My school even called me because the nurse could not find a record of Matthews vaccinations because he had them done in Alberta, so I had to take the records into the school.
I hope everything goes well with Gemma's vaccinations.
Trina

Nevada said...

I am also totally for vaccinations. I think people just forget what it was like 50 yeas ago when thousands of people were killed from diseases which we have now errradicated. Chicken pox and measles and mumps can be killers and we have the ability to prevent them in our children! Even today in Taiwan, there are people with physical disabilities from having polio as infants.

I am happy for progress and research and new findings, but from what I've done vaccinations are the way to go.

Blog Archive