Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Gemma making a mess

These pictures crack me up so much!

The blue ones are from two weeks ago, when I posted all those pictures from the wedding. Well, posting pictures takes time and Gemma was coloring by herself in the living room as I was uploading photos. When I went out to the living room this is what I saw:




She had bitten the tips off of three markers, and then drawn on herself with the turquoise. (I did find two of the three tips on the floor. The third one I can only assume was enclosed in the turquoise poo found in her diaper the next day).

The next pictures are from a painting project last week. She was on my lap, as I was busy painting these little movie cameras and clapboards black. She had her own brush and was going to town on some paper, getting a bit on herself but 'No big deal' I thought. I couldn't actually see her face. My partner in painting was cracking up, but still didn't think anything was up out of the ordinary. Then when Gemma was done I took her to the bathroom to clean up; holding her still facing away from me I carried her to the bathroom, washed my own dirty hands and THEN looked up into the mirror... and finally saw the handiwork my little artist created. I totally burst out laughing, and Gemma was surprised too at how she looked. Chris captured the moment for us. Ha ha, I love it!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least it is washable and you have her dressed appropiately for the paint and marker session.

I am so glad Gemma embraces the arts.(AND also consumes it, haha)

BABA

Anonymous said...

Oh Gemma! Those pictures made me chuckle. It sure looks like she had a good time though :)
- Tara

Trina said...

I love messy babies!!