Friday, October 10, 2008

Talk Talk Talk

I wish I had the video camera handy during some of our conversations today. She is really taking off with this talking business. Tonight before bed she was going on and on, I'll try to summarize:

Daddy go airplane visit CANADA!!! Daddy visit come, Gemma hug, give Gemma hug, K. Bownen come visit Gemma Canada, airplane, come, Bownen, ok.

And on and on. She says Bowen like Bow-nen, so I spelled it like that. She is talking lots about Daddy and the airplane because that's where daddy went, she added the Canada part by herself, and Daddy this and that and see Daddy Ok, see Dadddy, Daddy see Gemma airplane, Ok. She totally stole the phone from me to talk to Mikala; "Gemma have it, no Mommy talk, Gemma talk, Hi Auntie Kala, JUMP bed, doing? " It was so funny. She is also doing the "What's that?" now, to everything, and amazing me with her words. Like today she heard a loud bang and asked me what it was and I said "I don't know, Gemma, it's a ..." and I tried to think of a word she knew, and she filled it in all on her own; "Noise!" I didn't know she knew 'noise'. She is chiming in with the TV songs and her DVDs, counting...In English she does one two three over and over, in Chinese she does seven eight nine over and over.

Another 'trick' she pulled out of nowhere today; she was giving me a hard time; didn't want to bath and get dressed, etc, so when we were finally done she was standing on her dresser (change table, where I was pulling her pants up; she wasn't just standing on her dresser) she plugged her ears with her fingers and said "No Mommy!" and pretended she couldn't hear me. It was SOO funny, I have no idea where she got that from. Anyway, she is acting like a real turkey just in time for Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Blog Archive