Sunday, February 11, 2007

Special Day

Sunday at church we had a baby dedication service. It's a time where we as parents make a commitment to God and the church that we will raise our daughter according to the principles in the Bible and do our best to teach her about Jesus and his importance. Nevada and I aren't child baptism people, meaning we think that people need to make a decision to follow God in order to become Christians rather than others making that decision for them.

When we were planning Pastor Dan and I decided that a baby dedication would fit right into the February series on relationships, today was Parent/Child day. And we set it up so that it would be during my family's visit to Taiwan. It was a good thing to have my mom and grandma there and I know they were happy to share in the experience. It was also really to cool to get pictures taken of all 4 generations together: Gemma, Me, My mom and my grandma. (Andy took pics of the day with his fancy camera and they won't be on the blog for a few days until I get them from him.)

No comments: